You can be a part of the Main Street team by volunteering to help work with us at one of the many events or by serving on our board or on a committee.
The Main Street Four Point Approach is a comprehensive process which initiates positive steps to revitalize and maintain a healthy downtown business district through:
- Organization: Build an effective volunteer-driven management organization guided by professional staff with broad-based public and private support. Activities may include community visioning, work plan, development, volunteer recruitment and fundraising.
- Economic Restructuring: Identify your district’s unique economic niche. Activities may include market analysis, business retention and recruitment, business education, parking and transportation improvements, building rehabilitation and new development.
- Promotion: Create a unified, quality image and development of promotional strategies that capitalize on your district’s unique assets. Activities may include retail advertising, community events, image campaigns, and heritage tours and exhibits.
- Design; Enhance district’s design appearance. Activities may include cleaning and maintenance, design guidelines, façade improvements, safety programs, historic preservation, streetscape improvements, signage and window displays.
Volunteers are also needed for:
- Flag Day Ceremony
- Entertainment in the Park
- Heritage Festival
- Downtown Trick-Or-Treat
- Christmas Parade
If you are interested in particpating, please call 936.633.0205.